A Financial Education Class
Over 6 hours of instruction that can change the rest of your life!
If you are over 40, close to retirement or already retired, you cannot afford to miss this informative program.
NEW! Classes coming soon!
I am so happy I attended the Financial Strategies education sessions. It was just at the right time in my life to get more educated on retirement income and take control of my future. It was valuable information for me and made a huge difference in my discussions with my financial advisor. The one on one consultation is a huge opportunity to get some personal questions answered.
Learn what you need to know about these retirement planning issues and more
- Determine if you are ready to retire early
- Integrate your finances with your goals and values
- Use new tax laws to your advantage
- Properly allocate your assets within your retirement plans
- Ask the right questions when evaluating insurance coverage
- Discover how to maximize your income without unnecessary financial risk
- Ensure your estate plan still functions properly under new laws
He was very informative and made the topics interesting and understandable.
Retirement Planing issues to discuss with your financial professional
LIFE PLANNING FOR RETIREMENT
- Traditional vs. New retirement
- How to retire by design (with goals) not by default
- The Retirement Planning Process
- Why you want a cash reserve
- Consideration before you invest
- What are debt investments: Stocks and GICs
- What are equity investments: Stocks and Dividends
- Types and benefits of mutual funds
- What is the appeal of segregated funds and their appeal
- What are Managed portfolios
- What are tax-deferred accounts
- Investment risks
RISK MANAGEMENT & HEALTH CARE
- Prepare for the unexpected
- Key questions to ask in assessing health care risk
- Disability insurance coverage
- Long term care and insurance
- Using life insurance to protect income
- The four buckets approach to tax planning
- Using Registered Retired Retirement Funds (RRIFs)
- When to convert RRSPs to RRIFs
- How a “locked in” RRSP (LIRA) is set up
- Tax friendly ways to withdraw your retirement income
- Breaking down common investments and how each is taxed
- Determine how much money you’ll need
- Early retirement trends
- How long must your money last?
- Estimate your expenses. What’s essential? What’s not?
- Avoiding common mistakes
- Impact of inflation
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs)
- Strategies for Spousal Contributions
- Pension plan options
LEAVING A LEGACY
- The importance of Estate Planning
- Planning for incapacity
- Taxes must be paid
- To probate or not
- Trusts are just for the wealthy, true or false?
- Joint ownership of accounts
- Reducing taxes with gifts to charity
- The high cost of dying without a will
RETIREMENT ROAD BLOCKS AND MISTAKES
- 10 retirement planning mistakes
- Understanding the different types of risk
- Credit and debit in retirement
- How the Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) works
- Start Canada Pension Plan too early or too late
OPTIONAL CONSULTATION AND ANALYSIS
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The material is relevant to those planning their retirement, close to retirement or already retired. The workshop curriculum is designed for people who are serious about gaining money management knowledge.
KEY RETIREMENT PLANNING ISSUES
This workshop will help you prepare for financially secure retirement, maximize your income and get the most from your investments. You will also learn how to protect your hard-earned money from inflation, taxes and erosion due to possible health care needs. The information you receive will pay dividends for the rest of your life.
LEARN AT YOUR OWN PACE
Take it one step at a time. These workshops are conveniently presently over several hours of classroom time to give you the opportunity to absorb and reflect on the information presented and more time to address there issues that are important to you personally. The registration fee includes and illustrated 130 page color workbook that is yours to keep as a valuable reference tool and a record of your progress. This workbook provides an interactive learning experience with informative charts and graphs, as well as examples and questions.
As this is an educational program, there will be no promotion or solicitation of financial products. Examples and illustrations will be generic, without reference to specific products and services. Questions about specific situations or investment portfolios will be answered during a personal consultation.
PERSONAL CONSULTATION AND ANALYSIS
Registrants are entitled to an optional, personal financial planning consultation at no additional cost or obligation. You will be assigned homework during the course, and based on the information you provide, your instructor can prepare a personal financial analysis. This in also your opportunity to ask questions specific to your financial situation. the session will help you identify your personal financial objectives and develop a plan to achieve them.
The advance enrolment fee is $95 and includes one workbook and all course materials. You may bring your spouse or a guest at no additional cost. You may purchase an additional workbook if you choose.
Enroll Early! Seating is Limited.